Einstein Discover Research Program
Take advantage of research educational opportunities to learn skills and make connections that will benefit your future. If you are an aspiring scientist, consider the Einstein Discover Research Program.
A Collaborative Training Initiative
Give yourself the foundation for a rewarding career in cancer and biomedical research in a challenging, supportive setting that offers access to specialized technology and expert faculty who teach and practice cutting-edge research. This program is a collaboration between Lehman College of the City University of New York, Montefiore Einstein Comprehensive Cancer Center, and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. The Einstein Discover Research Program provides advanced research training through Montefiore Einstein Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Harold and Muriel Block Institute for Clinical and Translational Research at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
The program combines:
- Research and training for 15 months in an Einstein laboratory
- Hypothesis-driven thesis research
- Biology Master of Science degree from Lehman College
- Mentorship from Einstein scientists
Benefits & Compensation for Students
Research program master’s students enjoy:
- A stipend for lab research
- Mentorship in a collaborative research environment
- Career and professional development workshops
- Opportunities to attend seminars led by Einstein faculty
Applying to the Program
Application to the program is through Lehman College and must include the following:
- Current CV
- A recommendation letter from a professor teaching a lab-based course, a previous or current laboratory research advisor
- A Personal Statement (1 page limit) describing the following:
- Your future career goals
- Why you are interested in science and scientific research
- How your prior education and research experiences have prepared you for working in a laboratory
- How being part of this program will help you achieve your goals
For further information on how to apply for the Einstein Discover Research Program
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine: Einstein-Discover@einsteinmed.edu
- Lehman College: Professor Stephen Redenti at Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-960-2236.
For more information about the Lehman Master of Science in Biological Sciences. Program, visit the Lehman College graduate admissions webpage.