BEYOND ALBERT, A High School Research Program
Take advantage of an exciting, paid educational opportunity. High school students from the Bronx, aged 16 and up, can work in the labs of expert faculty members at Montefiore Einstein Comprehensive Cancer Center and learn scientific research skills through the BEYOND ALBERT (Bronx Einstein Youth Oncology Network Dedicated to Academic Learning, Biomedical Education and Research Training) High School Research Program.
The BEYOND ALBERT High School Research Program supports high school students in the Bronx in a combined, two-part educational research experience at Albert Einstein College of Medicine taking place during the summer and after school.
The summer session provides full-time, hands-on laboratory research experience and biomedical education over the course of eight weeks. The 2024 summer session runs from July 1 - August 23, and as a participant, you would attend Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
After completing the summer session, you can choose to participate in the after-school program, which meets weekly from September through May, on Thursdays, 4:30–6:30 p.m. During the after-school program, you will attend a variety of scientific talks and participate in workshops designed to develop scientific thinking and research skills. Additionally, we provide individual mentorship to support your career and professional development.
Program activities include:
- Hands-on research experience in the laboratory
- Career and professional development workshops
- Seminars and Workshops led by Montefiore Einstein Comprehensive Cancer Center faculty, postdocs and students
- Developing your own research presentations, with the opportunity to present your work to faculty
Participant compensation includes:
- $2,500 stipend for completing the summer program
- Daily meal voucher
- Metro card for transportation
As a BEYOND ALBERT High School Research Program participant, you must:
- Attend all eight weeks of the summer program, from July 1 - August 23, 2024
- Be present from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday–Friday for the duration of the summer session
- Be responsible for your own transportation to and from campus
- Take part in lab work and attend information sessions and workshops
- If committed to the after-school program, attend weekly meetings on Thursdays 4:30pm - 6:30pm, from September through May
If you’re thinking about applying for the BEYOND ALBERT High School Research Program, consider these requirements. You must:
- Be at least 16 years old by the program start date
- Be entering the 11th or 12th grade in the fall of 2024
- Live and attend high school in the Bronx
- Have a passion for science
Transportation: Getting to Einstein Comprehensive Cancer Center
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine campus is located in the northeast section of the Bronx. The campus is easily accessible via public transportation. Directions and more information
How to Apply
Applications for the Summer 2024 session are accepted from November 1st to January 15th. Contact Us at email@example.com.
Please attend our Q&A sessions!
Tuesday, November 7th, 7:00 pm
Tuesday, December 12th, 7:00 pm
Thursday, January 4th, 7:00 pm
Please register using the link or the QR code