Liver Cancer Treatment
Access exceptional care for liver cancer and other types of gastrointestinal cancers at Montefiore Einstein Comprehensive Cancer Center. Our multidisciplinary team has extensive experience caring for this cancer. As one of the first NCI-designated cancer centers, for more than 50 years, we’ve been a leader in the research, diagnosis and treatment of over 200 types of cancer.
We’re at the forefront of treatment and research for liver cancer and other gastrointestinal cancers. Montefiore Einstein Comprehensive Cancer Center delivers advanced, patient-centered, multidisciplinary care designed to maximize treatment outcomes while optimizing the quality of life for each patient. The overwhelming majority of our patients enjoy a return to normal liver function after surgery.
When you need liver cancer care, turn to our providers who are passionate about ending cancer and addressing your whole health needs.
We offer advanced, groundbreaking treatments and a range of minimally invasive procedures.
Some of the advanced approaches we offer include:
- 3D imaging of the liver to help in treatment planning
- State-of-the-art MRI and CT scanners that permit high resolution imaging of liver tumors
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for treatment of noninvasive liver tumors
- Proton beam radiosurgery for precise targeting of liver tumors
- Advanced systemic therapy using monoclonal antibodies
- Advanced genetic analysis of tumors to personalize your care plan
- Hepatic artery radioembolization of liver tumors using Yttrium-90 (Y90) beads
- Chemoembolization using drug eluting beads
- Percutaneous ablation of liver tumors
- Portal vein embolization to facilitate liver resection
- TIPS procedure for complications of cirrhosis
Our surgeons are among the nation’s most highly skilled in open liver surgery and laparoscopic liver surgery.
Learn more about our overall expertise in the treatment of liver cancer, as well as the multidisciplinary care we can provide for all liver-related issues including nutritional evaluation, transplantation, pediatric liver disease and more through Montefiore Einstein’s multidisciplinary Liver Program.